I am a Director of Research at the ICAR-CNR,
Institute of High Performance Computing and Networking of the Italian National Research
Council, in Cosenza, Italy.
I lecture Information Systems at the University of Calabria in Cosenza, Italy.
- parallel and distributed computing systems;
- Internet of Things solutions and technologies;
- Smart Cities and Smart Buildings;
- Cloud Computing and data centers;
- bio-inspired algorithms and protocols;
- peer-to-peer networks and systems;
- Quantum Computing and Quantum Machine Learning.
I serve in the editorial board of:
I am co-editor of the book:
- data centers: improve efficiency and reduce cost and energy consumption;
- smart cities: computation of user mobility patterns, optimization of transport systems;
- smart buildings: improve user comfort and reduce energy consumption;
- energy management and power grids: optimize energy sharing and minimize user costs in prosumer communities.
I served as guest editor for special issues on:
I co-organized the first four editions of the Upgrade-CN workshop at the IEEE/ACM HPDC Symposium,
from 2006 to 2009, and the first two editions of the workshop on Bio-Inspired Algorithms for
Distributed Systems, BADS,
at the IEEE/ACM ICAC Conference, in 2009 and 2010.
- Edge Intelligence for Sustainable Smart Environments, IEEE Transactions on Green Communications and Networking (vol 6/1, 2022)
- Emerging Internet of Things Solutions and Technologies, Electronics, MDPI (vol 10/16, 2021)
- Green and Energy-Efficient Cloud Computing: Part II, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (vol 5/2, 2017)
- Green and Energy-Efficient Cloud Computing: Part I, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (vol 4/2, 2016)
- Nature inspired solutions for high performance computing, Natural Computing, Springer (vol 12/1, 2013)
- Community Structures in Networks: Methods and Applications, Parallel Processing Letters, World Scientific (vol 12/1, 2013)
- Internet-based Content Delivery, Computer Networks, Elsevier (vol 55/18, 2011)
- Bio-Inspired Optimization Techniques for High Performance Computing, New Generation Computing, Springer (vol 29/2, 2011)
- Bio-Inspired Algorithms for Distributed Systems, Future Generation Computer Systems, Elsevier (vol. 26/6, 2010)
- Next Generation Content Networks, Journal of Network and Computing Applications, Elsevier (vol. 32/5, 2009)
- Content management and delivery through P2P-based content networks, Multiagent and Grid Systems, IOS Press (vol 5/2, 2009)
- Enhancing content networks with P2P, Grid and Agent technologies, Future Generation Computer Systems, Elsevier (vol. 24/3, 2008)
I received the best paper award for the papers:
C. Mastroianni, E. Cesario, A. Giordano, "Balancing Speedup and Accuracy in Smart City Parallel Applications".
LSDVE Workshop at Euro-Par 2016 Grenoble, France, August 2016.
A. Forestiero, C.
Mastroianni, M. Meo, "Self-Chord: a Bio-Inspired Algorithm for
Structured P2P Systems". 9th IEEE International Symposium on Cluster
Computing and the Grid, Shanghai, China, May 2009.
C. Mastroianni, D. Talia, O. Verta, "A Super-Peer
Model for Building Resource Discovery Services in Grids: Design and
Simulation Analysis". European Grid Conference 2005, Amsterdam, The
Netherlands, February 2005.
Since 2010: Senior Researcher at the Institute for High Performance Networks and Applications of the Italian National Research Council (ICAR-CNR), in Cosenza, Italy.
Since 2002: Researcher at the Institute for High Performance Networks and Applications of the Italian National Research Council (ICAR-CNR), in Cosenza, Italy.
1999/2001: Computer Engineer at the Computer Department of the Prime Minister Office, in Rome.
1999: Official at the Italian National Statistics Institute (ISTAT), in Rome.
1998: Stage at Alenia Aerospazio, Rome, for the PhD thesis on the "Integration between satellite networks and terrestrial cellular networks".
1998: PhD in Computer Engineering at the University of Calabria, Cosenza, Italy.
1995: Master Degree (cum laude) in Computer Engineering at the University of Calabria in Cosenza, Italy.